Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blogs, among other things.

It's funny how it's not even been a year since I started a blog. Yes, I did write before and yes, I even tried to have a blog but that didn't work out. I was too immature and sort of clueless as to what you put on such sort of a forum. It is public and yet I come to realize how blatantly honest all of us here are. It's almost a solace to not see a million likes on it the moment you've finished typing it. It's peaceful to know very few eyes will scan these words. And when they do, they wouldn't be judgmental of the story you're telling, as long as you tell it well.

I follow a few blogs among which I am increasingly growing to like two particular ones.They're quite contrary to each other actually. one is pretty much an optimist while the latter is of course a pessimist like me. I even sort of pseudo share a life story with the author of the latter or so I like to believe. I like to think that I know whatever it is she means. And it's funny to have this sort of a bond, a non-existant one almost.

Also what I really like stumbling upon are these scarce comments on my post. It's so nice to know that someone somewhere was moved by the random shit I had to say. Makes me feel, I don't know, worthwhile?

As to the day, it was nothing significant. I am settling my cupboards, again, and then going out to treat myself to lunch. It's Halloween, I deserve a lunch if nothing else. It's funny but back home I never had to think of whom to go out with. There was always, always someone no matter what the day, time or reason. Here however things don't quite function like that. You're on your own and you better get used to it if you want a chance at a sort of happy life.

The song of the day is Can't take my eyes off you - Frankie Valli.
I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm a lonely night.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay
And let me love you, baby.
Let me love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment