Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Boston.

For those of you haven't heard it, a part of this of this song goes something like this:

She said I think I'll go to Boston
I think I'll start a new life
I think I'll start it over
Where no one knows my name

I'll get out of California
I'm tired of the weather
I think I'll get a lover
And fly 'em out to Spain

Oh yeah and I think I'll go to Boston
I think that I was tired
I think I need a new town
To leave this all behind

I think I need a sunrise
I'm tired of Sunset
I hear it's nice in the summer
Some snow would be nice, oh yeah
Boston, where no one knows my name
Where no one knows my name



When I heard this song, suddenly the reason i came here made all the sense in the world. Like I realized that there was a reason i'd needed to get far away, yes, THIS far away from that town. Like I know I miss my family and friends like a fuck lot and it gets to my head but I needed the distance man, from that crap-all place which was fucking my head over.


The drama and the mess that came with the city was getting on my nerves. The people and the gossip and just about everything was too much for me to take. I hated the fact that everybody knew me there (no, I am not being conceited here, they did) and everybody gave a fuck as to what was happening with ME. so whatever :/


Also this place, sad as it is at times, has cleared my head beyond measure. Like now I finally know who I care about and who cares about me, who really gives a shit and who just pretended to. I know who I want in my life and who want me in theirs. Some friendships have faded for the better and some have become stronger than ever. here I would like to mention, Shreiya, Kartik, Priyamvada who have done everything in their power to stay in touch. A few have been unexpectedly nice as well.


And this is precisely what I needed. Like yeah I may not make such great friends here, i may not have as much fun but then again, I don't get as fucked either and you have no idea what a relief that is. Like there's a kind of peace in the phone not ringing anymore and I seem to have found an inner self in me which I never could because I was too busy and caught up in everything else.


I'm here at Boston, where people know my name, but no they don't hate the sound of it.
and I have started a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment