Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Medicine.

Today seems like the first day of the rest of my life.
I've been heading in this direction for a while now and there's been much anticipation and anxiety associated with it that now that I'm here, it's really not sunk in yet. I'm unsure, unstable and it's unpredictable, what the future has in store for me. It remains to be seen if it'll be beautiful or a beautiful disaster. (Quote: Kelly Clarkson).

As I quote this I realize how my life's always been led by symphonies and melodies aloft. I was told not once but a million times how this is not the field I belong in.. This is not meant for me. But today as I stood under that shower, all my uncertainties were drowned and washed away and I wondered why I ever doubted myself in the first place. What better music that the beat of a heart? What better rhythm than that of the pulse?

I wanted to share it with you today baby. But you're not here to hug me before my first class or ask me after how it went. I woke up on my own, made myself a strong horrible tasting glass of coffee and did everything on my own. Because. You're not here. And it sucks. But then that can't be the reason I hold myself back or slack. Now more than ever I need to do justice to this distance and show you how it's not going to be an obstacle but just one of the many hurdles I overcome to be your shining star, all over again.

Today seems like the first day of the rest of my life. Today seems like my dream. And no matter how many miles separate us, I am sharing it with you my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment