Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Let's rewind.

To a happier time, a happier place.
To the haven that we built for ourselves, the moments we snatched from this world, for us. Where we were the only ones who existed and the world around us was present but immaterial. Where you could make me laugh and just looking at me would make you smile. When we were the only ones in on our private jokes. When we didn't blink because the memory was too good to miss even a nanosecond of. When the phone calls were never ending, and the texts, each of them left us gooey inside. When the roads of our life were inter-wound, even in the minutest of things.

I had to find you, tell you I need you..

Every inch of my existence with you around seemed to make sense, and with it gone, a part of me has gone too. I put up this facade of strength and wisdom but who am I kidding?

Nobody said it was easy, it's such a shame for us to part..

I wake up each morning and look around at these pale blue walls, these walls that are the cage that I'm trapped in. This head of mine that's the biggest jail I'm sentenced to life in. This prison of a life without you in it.


No one ever said it would be so hard..

If only you could give me something to hate you for. Something by which erasing you becomes an option, a necessity, a need. But you're constantly there in everything, you sick, sadistic, twisted little evil thing. And I'm the masochist who pretends to run away from you, from us, when all I actually do is rewind and replay everything, over and over again. Our memories are not on shuffle, they're on a constant loop.

Oh take me back to the start..

No comments:

Post a Comment