Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Love.

I love, love. The idea of love, the thought and the joy of love. The euphoria it brings, the thrill, the exhilaration. Just how someone can make your world go around and then bring it to a halt. How one moment can linger on in your memory for a lifetime. How you look forward to being blown away and swept off your feet. How people surprise you with the little things they do and make you dizzy with happiness.

Ever since we were kids, we were told fairytales. Then we grew up and were introduced to the world of movies. And then we found novels and stories. Everything strung together telling us just one thing, of how fate and destiny function to bring together people who’re meant to be.

Scenario I. Boy meets Girl. They fall madly, deeply, irrevocably in love and live happily ever after and grow old together.

Scenario II. Boy meets girls. They fall in love but they meet obstacles in their way, in the name of religion, caste, creed and they battle them all to live happily ever after and grow old together.

Scenario III. Forlorn boy meets dejected girl. They hook up for fun and realize how they’ve finally found the person they’d been looking for. Again, the happily ever after.

But what if none of these scenarios work out? Working by permutations and combinations there’s got to be people for whom none of the above hold true, not even a modified version of the above works. What, then? What if a lovesick person like me who has believed in these fairytales and prince charming and eternal love and soulmates doesn’t have one?

Soulmate.

The one person, whose made for you. But what if you don’t find them? What if everyone who comes close to you doesn’t come close enough to being your soulmate? What if you look for signs, sparks, but don’t find them? Or maybe you just can’t tell one sign from the other. How do you just “know” that you want to spend the rest of your life with some person. What if that person doesn’t? What if! Who is the authority on all of this anyway? My soulmate may be someone whose soulmate is someone else.

In the end, the only thing that I believe in now is faith. You keep faith, and in the end it will all work out is how I see it. I have faith in love. It can’t elude me forever. It will find me and boy when it does it’ll know I’ve been waiting. My prince charming will come, and he will sweep me off my feet.

PS: This one’s dedicated to my first crush, my first boyfriend, my first love and my first soulmate for making me realize the difference in between and exactly why none of it was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment