Total Pageviews

Monday, August 2, 2010

Just the right amount

01.August.2o1o

So this is increasingly becoming like my personal diary and the people subscribed to my blog by mail would be raising their eyebrows by every passing post, thinking why did they ever ask to be notified about my crappy attempt at a blog? Nevertheless you're in now, so bear with it.

I needed to have a shitty morning to realize the beauty of the night. I needed to cry, for me to appreciate the smile I finally had on my face when I fell asleep.

I had to do it, all of it, to remind myself that I do it for me, not anyone else. I am not Mother Teresa and I am certainly not as noble as my last post made me look. I plan surprises, do things for people. But it's not for them really. It's for me. That smile I see right after on a person's face, that makes it worthwhile. That makes it my pleasure more than anyone else's.

I needed to see those smiles yesterday to remind myself why is it that I do, whatever it is that I do. I managed to piss off a friend too in the process, but I needed this. I needed to go al over town, giving lame bookmarks to people, to feel the exhilaration of the day. and I needed to begin and end it with the two closest friends of mine, to know the difference between them and the rest of the world.

A quite, peaceful dinner with Abhinav and Shail; a mail from my parents; and a chat about nothing and everything with Shreiya. It made the day complete, and totally worthwhile. Friends as they say, come in different shapes and sizes and forms. Usually where you least expect them.
I'm blessed to have found friends here.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment