I'd heard about this, I'd kind of known about it but convinced myself I wasn't into superficial things like these and I have obviously secretly always wished for it.. Yes, Blog Award. I have immense love for Kanika for bestowing me with the best there possibly could be in this category - Liebster Blog. Liebster being German for favourite! :D
Now since she's been such a sweetheart and this is an award, I shall keep up the traditions and additional to-dos that go alongwith.
Firstly, eleven facts about me.
1. I am an only child - something that has a great deal to do with the kind of person I am i.e I hate sharing the things/people I love, I am possessive and I can quite easily throw a tantrum when things don't go my way which may be as little as stomping my foot or as big as sulking in my room all day with headphones plugged in and the world shut out.
2. I have an extremely drama-filled life. Where I go, trouble, drama and nonsense inevitably follows. I never used to complain but after having material enough for a bestseller series for a sitcom, movie and novels (I'm going for a triology at the least) I kind of find myself wishing for a 'normal' life.
3. I talk to myself in the mirror and to a lot of inanimate objects which somehow follow my emotions better than the humans that inhabit this planet. I guess this is primarily because I usually don't give a shit about the crap people say for they find illogical reasons to hate me so why even bother? Plus I think sarcasm is the best form of wit there is and am waiting for the day when sarcasm finally gets a font of it's own so dummies can begin to understand it too :P
4. I love Coldplay and John Mayer and Knopfler and DMB and.. Actually music in short. I can't go a day without music for that I think would be the end of my existence and I always link people and memories with songs. I make dedications in my head and I could swear to you that nobody is a bigger sucker for lyrics than I. I can find you a song for every situation - ask my flatmates, they'll vouch for it.
5. I share a love-hate relationship with my country but now it's hit me nice and proper that I'll never want to settle anywhere else for good. Your country is just your own - it's a realization that strikes all of us whether at five, fifteen or fifty but it's the one that changes us forever.
6. I would so kill for Amy Lee's voice. Actually I'd kill for a pretty normal voice only since I love to sing but whenever I dare to it sounds like a dying walrus screeching for help -__-
7. I don't get the hype about this magical number. My favourite is eight and as a kid I used to skip seven from my counting altogether. Eight and eighteen are numbers that draw me to them since I was in mommy's womb me thinks.
8. I have the world's coolest parents. I don't have to hide anything from them. I mean seriously which set of parents would be cool with their daughter living in with a boy across an ocean (given he's my friend's boyfriend but they could doubt me still!), smoking, drinking, partying ad pretty much breaking all rules of the good girl handbook. And to top it all, they still say I make them proud. I am the luckiest girl in the world as far as the parent department is concerned and I couldn't imagine a life without either of them.
9. I miss debating and writing - and no I don't really think I write anything substantial anymore. There was a time when I could you know. But I hope that it will come back to me, that passion and those words that drove me.
10. I love it when my boy gives me his shirt or his jacket or even his silly sleeve. I guard it with my life and never let it grace another soul's body. For me, his wrist watch is the best present possible and his voice the perfect lullaby for a sound sleep.
11. Once I give my heart to someone, I never get it back - not all of it anyway. If I loved you once, then a part of me loves you still. Believe it or not, that is how fucked up I am and that is how much love I apparently have in me *fuck me someone*
Regardless of that there are only three boys that I ever loved and hopefully I'll not add another number to this list now. Ever.
Second, eleven questions I must answer for Kanika.
1. Name any 5 concerts you really wish you could attend.
Ans. In my order of preference, Coldplay, Metallica, Led Zepp, The Doors and The Beatles (yes I know the last three are a moot point but still! I'm wishing so might as well.)
2. A movie you could watch any number of times.
Ans. Lord of The Rings - the entire triology and The Godfather and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
(Again, three's kinda my number, oops)
3. Who was your first follower?
Ans. This is also the girl whose the reason I first started blogging and who now whines about the crap I write - Shail Jalan: mother, flatmate, friend.
4. The best compliment you've ever received.
Ans. "I'm not left with what she took from me, but what she brought. Eyes that saw me, finally, for who I really am. And a certainty that nothing... nothing is set in stone. Not even darkness. While she was here, she made me think for the briefest moment I might even have a chance to be human."
- Anirudh Tiwari
5. What's the one thing you'd do if you knew you'd be successful at it?
Ans. Write. For life. Till my fingers bled. Literally.
6. Who would you rather date? A worried genius or a joyous simpleton?
Ans. Worried genius, anyday.
7. If you were given one wish, what would that be?
Ans. I want a few buttons in life - pause, forward and my favourite, rewind.
8. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want in your bag?
Ans. A notebook and a pen, an iPod, a Blackberry.
9. One celebrity you'd love to date.
Ans. Johnny Depp. *drool*
Also, Chris Martin and Novak Djokovic.
10. Describe a moment when you were really proud of yourself.
Ans. My book release. It is a crappy book but in that moment, I felt like a tiny JK Rowling.
11. Favourite author?
Ans. Darn, too many. So I'll pick eight. Ayn Rand, J.K. Rowling, Mario Puzo, Douglas Adams, Pablo Neruda (yeah he's a poet but I love him too much), Khaled Hosseini, Oscar Wilde, Eoin Colfer.
And third, before I pass on this award to my fellow bloggers, eleven questions I want them to answer for me.
1. Smoke/drink/smoke up - if you could only pick one, what would you pick?
2. If you had to describe my blog in a line, chose the words you'd use.
3. If you could wish for something, anything, what would you wish for?
4. Favourite superhero and a superpower you really would kill for?
5. Favourite musician/artist/band. Or all.
6. One regret in life.
7. Why do you write? And what inspires you?
8. The one person you love most in this world?
9. Fate and destiny - comments.
10. If you were President of our country for a good one year, what would you change/do better?
11. Imagine a world with no internet. What would you do in the time you kill online?
And finally, for the awards.
First, my favourite number. THE Eight.
* Nina at "happy girls are the prettiest girls"
* Isha at "Chaai, Paani, etc."
* My darling Mrinalini at "Delusion Diaries"
* Parth Gandhi at "If you know what I mean *wink*"
* Priiyam (?) at "Point Blank"
* Simki at "The 1634th Random Blog"
* Zeba at "Zebra Talk"
* MothSmokeLover at "Today has been Okay."
Now the other number, THREE.
These women I absolutely adore - Soumi, Kanika and Sudeshna but I think they've all been given this award already so wouldn't want them to go through the whole rigmaroll again. But I wanted them to know just how much I enjoy reading them.
Lots of love guys.
Thanks for making my day.